The Slingshot Compstick bar is available in two layout options: below-the-bar and above-the-bar depower trim.
The Compstick Guardian bar features below-the-bar depower trim.
We all know that the above-the-bar depower trim system is the most common in the kitesurf market, so adopting a below-the-bar trimming system is a personal choice.
Honestly, I’ve been riding Slingshot since the beginning of my kite career and I love this system. It’s easy to reach, allowing to trim the kite without loosing your edge, and you don’t have this bloody trim dangling in front of you. I also prefer it for wave riding, as it’s easier to reach and than allows for quicker adjustments before dropping a wave or to escape an off-set.
The other side of the coin, is that to have this system this bar sacrifices the new below the bar swivel for untwisting the lines, and the “anti-deatloop” system introduced into the Compstick Sentinel model.
Who should buy a SLINGSHOT COMPSTICK GUARDIAN:
- If you’re a beginner, a freeride or foil oriented kiter, or prefer a traditional setup with the depower trim set high in front of you, I suggest you to buy the Compstick Sentinel.
- If you’re into wakestyle I definitely recommend the Compstick Guardian bar, as its chickenloop it’s lighter and will be easyer to hook back in after stomping your move. The Sentinel’s chickenloop tends to drop while unhooked, which is a minor issue, but still.
- If you’re in to wave riding, do what you feel.
SLINGSHOT BAR COMPSTICK GUARDIAN 2020 Features:
- Clean, intuitive, below-the-bar depower trimming system, nice and easy to reach.
- Clean visibility above the bar (if no fog)
- Maximizes throw and depower.
- Good for Wakestyle
SLINGSHOT BAR COMPSTICK GUARDIAN 2020 Sizes:
- 17 in bar x 20 meter lines
- 20 in. bar x 20 meter lines (+3 meter extensions)
- 23 in. bar x 27 meter lines