The Slingshot Bishop 2020 is a holy all-around park board for the rider who likes to go BIG off the kickers but also lock into presses. This is maybe related to the fact that it’s the Blake Bishop’s pro model. Yes, it’s not that the guys at Slingshot are like devout believers (or not?). Bishop is a Slingshot pro rider, and a Slingshot Wakeboard pro model.
The Slingshot Bishop is a performance park board, which delivers a clean pop and can take super fast landings. Its thicker core between the feet adds a bit of rigidity, so that you’ll be fine on bigger kickers, and also if you wanna use it behind a boat. Bliss.
So, in 2019 the Slingshot Bishop used to be available in just one size. Then, the lazy asses at Slingshot noticed this board was selling really good and they decided to make the 2020 Slingshot Bishop available in 3 different sizes and to remove the belly channels (as per Blake’s request, the guy knows what he wants.). Consequently, the board now have looser feel on the water and free-er feel on the rails. Not bad hay?!
Lastly, its graphic art is by Wesley Mark Jacobsen and Mr. Blake Bishop itself, but this is not gonna make you automatically a better rider, you still have to commit!
SLINGSHOT BISHOP 2020 Specs:
- FLEX TIPS: Designed to make nose and tail presses more exhilarating.
- 3 STAGE ROCKER for a slightly slower speed on the water resulting in increased control for locking into different sections of the rocker profile while pressing on obstacles. Sounds cool.
- FUSION SIDEWALL for durability.
- CARBON BEDROCK INSERTS: Reduce overall board weight, increase pull strength and allows for a more consistent flex under foot. Oh yeah, I want that.
- ATOMIC WOOD CORE: Flex meets durability.
- BALLISTIC BASE, so that you can abuse it.
- STIFF BELLY: thicker core between the feet which adds rigidity. Good for bigger kickers or fast landings.
- NARROW OUTLINE, for a playful feel, and faster transition from toe to heel = aggressive carving.